Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday, March 14th Update

I completed the third round of Chemo yesterday.  It went well, but today I am feeling a little under the weather, very tired and a sore stomach.  I think maybe the shot I got yesterday to boost my white blood cell counts up is getting to me a little.  Anyway, the Chemotherapy doesn't seem to affect me to bad. 
 It's kind of fun to visit and build relationships with other patients athe Chemo center.  Tuesday I met John.  He is about 65 years old, has Lymphoma,and is just about done with his treatments. He is close to being cancer free.  He told me last week he took his grand kids ice fishing at Causey reservoir.  Come to find out he loves to fish!, so we had lots to talk about and plenty of pictures to show each other for a couple hours.  He lives in Ogden but grew up on the Oregon coast near the Mckenzie river. He still has family up in Oregon and spends 2-3 months a year up there fishing the rivers for steelhead and salmon.  He has 2 boats he keeps up there, and a boat he keeps here in Ogden. He wants to figure out how to fish Flaming gorge, and has been frustrated with the times he has gone there and not been able to catch fish.  So we made a deal to help each other.  We exchanged information and hopefully can hook up with each other this year.
It's now Friday morning.  Yesterday I visited a nutritionist/herbalogist with a friend of mine.  For many weeks now I have thought that there is a lot I can do to improve my diet and eat better, to increase the potential of the results to beat this cancer.  We worked up a program and am committed to change many of my eating habits. Sorry Jeff, no more Golden Arches.  (My son Jeff manages a Mcdonalds)
Today has been pretty rough so far.  I didn't sleep good last night, and am very tired today.  So I decided not to go to work and stay home and take it easy.  I need to go to the clinic and get another shot to boost my white blood cell production, and will do that soon.
Again, thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, and concerns for me.  I feel strength from all of you. Later

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the updates Joe!! really glad to see you doing well. love you brother. keep fighting!!

    Clint

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all pulling for you Jose, keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete