Thursday, May 1, 2014

May first

Many of you are probably wondering if I'm still here among the living!  Yes I am.
Right now I'm sitting here at the chemo center in a lazy boy getting my last batch of chemo for the
Week.  I feel pretty good right now.  
Monday I got an updated CT Scan.  The results were pretty positive.  The growth of the cancer tumors in the liver has stopped and the tumor in the pancreas is 2 centimeters smaller.  So it seems that the cancer is under control with the treatments.  The plan for the future is I will have 1 more chemo treatment in 3 weeks, and that will probably be the last one.  The sandistatin shots for the endocrine cancer I will continue to get every 3 weeks for some time in the future.  The scan did not show much deterioration of cancer cells in the tumors like the one before did.  That's unfortunate but overall I feel  good that the proliferation o fast growth of the cancer has stopped and is under control.
Everything else in life has been uneventful. Work, some play, and lots of time with family.
This past Sunday Thomas and Whitney had their first baby, baby boy, Cash is his name.   That makes 10 grand kids for Susan and I.  He and mom are healthy and doing good at home.
Sorry for such a long time since the last post.  When there isn't anything of real importance or significance to share with everybody I don't feel like sharing everyday normal stuff.  Just know that I am doing well and living life like everybody else, if I don't post anything for awhile.  I appreciate everyone's concern and support, it really makes me feel good that so many people care.
After chemo treatment today I am going to watch my daughter Heidi in her golf tournament at the white barn golf course.  She is on Northridges high school team and it's a riot to go and watch her play.  She is getting pretty darn good!

1 comment:

  1. Cousin Jose, thank you for this post. I have been thinking about you...
    Glad to hear you're spending time with family and you and Susan are now grandparents to... 10 grand kids. Wow!
    Much love,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete